LEARN ABOUT GIFTS IN YOUR WILL
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
- You leave a lasting legacy to causes that have been important to you in your life.
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- You may receive estate tax savings.
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
This is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Columbus Public Schools Foundation as part of your estate plan.
OPTIONS FOR MAKING A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset.
- You can gift a percentage of your estate.
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.