Kramer High School
The cost to build Kramer High School was $288,758.87. The building was named after Carl Kramer, who served on the Columbus School Board for 40 years. He was often referred to as the “Father of the Schools.” The building was dedicated on December 7, 1925. The last class to graduate from Kramer High School was the class of 1958.
The Kramer school became Columbus Middle School in 1958. The old middle school building next door was torn down in May 1958 to make room for an athletic field.