The Columbus Public Schools Academic Hall of Fame honors former students and those who have positively impacted Columbus Public Schools. We hope that from our inductees current students will take inspiration for their own education and adult lives.
The goals of the Columbus Public School Academic Hall of Fame are:
- To provide positive role models for the students of Columbus Public Schools.
- To recognize achievements of CPS alumni.
- To recognize those who have positively impacted Columbus Public Schools.
The CPS Foundation will honor both graduates and supporters of Columbus Public Schools (CPS) as Discoverers of Distinction. Individuals may be nominated by a CPS graduate or current/retired staff member. Selections will be made by a committee of the Columbus Public Schools Foundation. Up to 5 inductees will be honored annually in March. Inductees will have photo plaques with biographical information displayed in the Discoverers of Distinction Academic Hall of Fame located in the entrance of Columbus High School. Legacy inductees will be denoted by graduation year and anchor logo next to their name. Nomination for posthumous awards will be accepted.
Legacy Nomination Criteria:
- Must be a graduate of Columbus Public Schools (Columbus High School or Kramer High School).
- Graduated at least 10 years ago.
- Demonstrate significant contributions or accomplishments in their profession or field.; or made exceptional contributions to mankind.
- Be distinguished at the state, national or international level in contributing to their field of work or study.
- Demonstrate personal excellence.
- Possess high character.
Honorary Nomination Criteria:
- Individual does not need to be a graduate of Columbus Public Schools.
- Must have supported the academic mission of Columbus Public Schools and has made positive contributions to the education of our students.
**If a nominee is not inducted in a particular year, the nomination application will be kept on file for consideration in future years.**